The Systems Support Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the organization’s computer networks and provide technical and troubleshooting assistance related to computer hardware and software, mobile devices and other tech tools and products. The Systems Support Specialist will also serve as the first line of defense for all technology requests submitted to the help desk system. He/she must adhere to all process and procedures and remain in compliance with the IT Department’s service level agreements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Ancillary Job Functions
- Provide coverage and support for Network operations and Information Technology Department.
- Provide technical support for the Agency web presence.
- Monitor and maintain Agency servers.
- Analyze log files and investigate and correct or record errors that are discovered.
- Monitor agency server and data backup processes.
- Configure network devices as directed.
- Work with systems for endpoint device management. Includes software distribution, updates, patching virus protection, and imaging.
- Assist with network account creation and troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain scripts and programs that automate repetitive tasks and data transfer in the Network Operations Center.
- Clearly document features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Provide management and administrative support of digital communication systems; including training and orientation for staff and administrations. This may include service to partner organizations.
- Ensure that helpdesk tickets are closed or escalated promptly.
- Ensure regularly scheduled technical tasks are accomplished on time.
- Monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards.
- Research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge.
- May be required to travel between sites.
- May be required to attend off-site training and industry conferences.
- Participate in professional development and lifelong learning endeavors.
- Provide guidance and training to technicians as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required qualifications to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR
Preferred Qualifications -
- Bachelor Degree in a network or computer related field or equivalent working experience.
- A working knowledge of the current Microsoft Windows Desktop, Server, and Network Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A working knowledge of programming forms and implementing scripts using languages such as PowerShell, ASP, Visual Basic, CV Script, Visual Studio, .NET, etc.
Highly desired education, training, and/or experience that may be helpful in performing the job, if applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities -
- Minimum two years of experience supporting end-user networks in a Microsoft environment.
- Minimum two years of experience supporting a LAN/WAN environment, preferably with Cisco, Avaya, and Ubiquiti devices.
- Completion of Microsoft Server and Workstation classes.
- A working knowledge of the following:
- Internet protocols, VPN and Firewalls.
- VMware or similar virtualization technology.
- Support of network print systems and servers.
- Network trouble shooting, monitoring, and maintenance tools and techniques.
- Basic web technologies such as Microsoft IIS.
- Encryption and certificates.
- Active Directory and LDAP integration.
- Device management software such as SCCM, Casper, Faronics, LoJack.
- SQL servers and SQL query language.
- IP Telephony.
- Office 365 services including SharePoint.
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those commonly associated with this position.
Work Environment -
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly with individual computing users on all levels in small groups, one on one and in writing.
- Ability to focus on detailed work for extended periods.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver multiple assignments on time, and maintain an efficient/timely daily work schedule.
- The ability to effectively document technical work.
- Must be open to cross training and have flexibility in duties as assigned.
- Focus all actions and decision making in alignment with the Kingsley House Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan.
- Create and support an environment that focuses on value added learning.
- Demonstrate the Kingsley House values of commitment, collaboration, trust, respect, excellence, and accountability.
- Promote excellence through continuous process improvement and the creative pursuit of new ideas, partnerships, and systems.
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence standards.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and community partners.
- Plan, communicate, motivate, measure, and lead effectively
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Normal office environment and moderate noise levels.