Kingsley House is a social service organization that provides a comprehensive array of programs and services for children and families. At Kingsley House, we envision a city and region where all young children are ready to succeed and all citizens are healthy and economically stable. Recognizing that vulnerable families are at risk of being caught in an intractable cycle of poverty, we are committed to ensuring that individuals and families have the supports necessary to be successful at all stages of life. To accomplish our goals, we join forces with dedicated community partners. Collectively, we work with families to fuel economic growth and social change in our city, state and region.
Since 1896, Kingsley House has been offering nationally accredited & state certified education
and community services
in the Greater New Orleans area.
Kingsley House has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Application Specialist to work at its Historical Campus located in New Orleans. LA. This is a full time, exempt position that will work Monday - Friday.
The Application Specialist is responsible for completing all data analysis and interpretation; assists the program leaders with the disaggregation of data; creates spreadsheets and develops effective work flow procedures for all data gathering and preparation of reports; Completes electronic transfer as needed; Assists with the completion of annual program performance reports and works with external evaluation consultants and partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Kingsley House expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and agency partners. The following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Handle software-related requests for assistance with problems.
- Troubleshoot software and identify root causes of software problems.
- Analyze software related issues and propose solutions.
- Fix software problems and test solutions prior to implementing them.
- Develop and maintain scripts and programs that automate repetitive tasks and data transfer in the Network Operations Center.
- Clearly document features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Provide management and administrative support of digital communication systems; including training and orientation for staff and administrations. This may include service to partner organizations.
- Document software support activities thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Serves as the system’s administrator for the program to include participation in OneApp calls, ensuring accuracy and updates for the OneApp system, shares the information with the program leadership, troubleshoots for all of the options Serves as the data contact when meeting with the, consultants and external assessment and evaluation partners
- Troubleshoots and communicates challenges with technology to the IT Manager.
- Articulates and clearly explains the programmatic data and is able to answer questions relative to the data.
- Uses tables, charts and other graphic organizers to present the data in a meaningful and concise manner.
- Disaggregates and analyzes data then present with clarity the information to the Director and/or other Specialists
- Researches, troubleshoots and implements corrective action plans relative to data entry
- Shares any challenges with completing the data or with the software systems.
- Participates in trainings and workshops as assigned.
- Assists in preparation of in-service and program training and meetings.
- Assist program leadership with projects as assigned.
- Becomes astute with programmatic software, assessments and reports for timely generation and submission of said reports; compiles additional data when needed.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Should be versatile and have decent experience of collection and analysis complex data, both narrative and statistically.
- Should have strong analytical skills.
- Must have excellent communication/ interpersonal skills to building good working relationships.
- Must have ability to explain things in front of technical/non-technical persons.
- Should have ability to work alone and also within a team.
- Must be punctual and have time management skills.
- Must have project management skills considering all the aspects of planning, organizing and coordinating the project with stakeholders.
- Should have ability to handling the stress and problem solving ability.
- Respects the integrity of each program participant, and maintains their right to privacy and confidentiality; maintains confidentiality with respect to personnel and proprietary agency information.
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the agency.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Possesses a demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of poverty, oppression, sexism, racism and other forms of societal and individual prejudice that confront our staff, volunteers, program participants and community at-large. Possesses a proven ability to work effectively and respectfully with a broad range of people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrates a philosophy and value base consistent with the purpose and goals of Kingsley House, advocating a strengths and empowerment perspective and working towards increasing the capacities of program participants and their families.
- Possesses the ability to work holistically, as part of a team, with staff, program participants and their families, volunteers and the community at-large towards successful outcomes for program participants.
Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, or Computer Science with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working with data collection/reporting systems; Proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point; Experience compiling accurate data reports.