The Kingsley Connections program at Kingsley House is seeking a dynamic individual to join its career pathways/workforce development team. Kingsley Connections transforms communities by equipping participants with education, training, and skill sets to break the cycle of poverty. We believe community transformation is best accomplished when led by residents themselves and our program offers participants the opportunity to become change agents in their community.
The Academic Support Specialist will tutor students and provide support to Kingsley Connections participants. The person in this position is responsible for providing students the necessary academic support to improve in Workkeys and TABE assessment skills through tutoring, workshops and other academic programming.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to exercise the appropriate judgment in situations and work independently utilizing assessment materials
- Guide and instruct students from diverse backgrounds
- Create a positive, friendly atmosphere, and safe environment for students to learn in and encourage creativity in the virtual learning environment
- Develop curriculum that is suitable for the students need and provide progressive lesson plans
- Model professionalism and respectfulness in every interaction
- Provide academic guidance that promotes continuous progression demonstrated through pre and post assessments
- Excellent presentation and oral/communication skills appropriate/relevant to test type and students
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends is a plus
- Associate degree
- Two to three years’ teaching or formal tutoring experience in a Math and English Tutoring Center, preferably at the college level
- Teaching certificate preferred
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Able to develop a positive rapport with students
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Established proficiency in the subject matter
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Work with Kingsley Connection staff members to ensure learning outcomes are implemented and met
- A minimum commitment of 5 peak hours per week