Kingsley House. Inc. is a social service organization that provides a comprehensive array of programs and services for children and families. At Kingsley House, we envision a city and region where all young children are ready to succeed, their families positioned for success and all citizens are healthy and economically stable. Recognizing that vulnerable families are at risk of being caught in an intractable cycle of poverty, we are committed to ensuring that individuals and families have the supports necessary to be successful at all stages of life. To accomplish our goals, we align forces with dedicated strategic partners. Collectively, we work with families to fuel economic growth and promote social change in our city, state and region.
Kingsley House, Inc. is seeking an experienced professional with a successful track record of achievement and innovation in the management of educational programs; staff supervision and development; process re-engineering; policy development and implementation; automated systems and other technologies; and collaboration with other agencies to achieve a collective impact. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting and diverse team that is working to make a difference by educating children, strengthening families and building community.
Since 1896, Kingsley House has offered nationally accredited & state certified education
and community services
in the Greater New Orleans area.
Kingsley House has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives and Community Services to work at its Historic Campus located in New Orleans. LA. This is a full time, exempt position that will work Monday - Friday. Evenings and weekends may be required based on a business need.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives and Community Services
will lead a team of directors and mangers in order to provide outstanding services and outcomes that meet the needs of the community. The Senior Director must be a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic and process-minded leader with experience in scaling programs, leading a management team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals.
Under minimum supervision, the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives and Community Services will supervise and lead the teams responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the following program areas:
- Career Pathways uses holistic approaches to help adults determine their best course of action and offers families support and access to various resources that will help them succeed in their career endeavors by assisting them in securing a job that is on a path with viable advancement options and/or greater economic security
- Community and Supportive Services provides direct support to individuals and families. This program provides essential services to help vulnerable achieve self-sufficiency and personal growth, while ensuring overall well-being for our local community.
- Adult Services provides year-round day care for vulnerable senior citizens, veterans, and medically-fragile adults. This program, a community-based alternative to unnecessary nursing home placement and hospitalization, provides support to caregivers while they were at work by offering safe, secure, stimulating and productive environments for loved ones.
- Youth Services provides a full-day summer camp for children and youth, including indoor and outdoor sports, recreation and academic enrichment.
In partnership with leaders and organizations throughout the community, the Senior Director will assist in the development of long and short range strategic goals and objectives that result in healthy child and family development. The Senior Director will work collaboratively with the organization’s Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) team and utilize Practice Based Research (PBR) to develop processes and assurances for data collection, monitoring, reporting and continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures, best practices and present suggestions to the Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
A major focus for the Senior Director
- Visionary leadership and professional accomplishments
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with interested organizations, agencies and individuals
- Ability to lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization’s staff
- A strong day-to-day leadership presence that will increase key impact measurement
- Knowledge of or ability to learn federally-funded programs, including Early Head Start and Head Start, Workforce Development and Veterans’ Affairs
- A strong grasp of the “business side” of nonprofits. Understanding the ability and necessity to grow revenue in new and innovative ways in an increasingly competitive market
- Low tolerance for silos and a high affinity for collaboration and “team”
- A well-organized, process oriented leader who brings sound understanding of working with vulnerable populations
- Initiative, vision and a proven commitment to the struggle of social and economic justice
is to support and identify relationships and strategies for strengthening the organization’s Whole Family Framework, Whole family frameworks help focus on more sustainable solutions that recognize what is good for the child is good for the family and vice versa. The Senior Director
will forge relationships with the community-based organizations, academic institutions, health care providers, employment and financial service providers that will serve as wraparound support services and resources for children and families served. See
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Master's Degree Business Administration, Financial Engineering, Education, Public Administration, Non-Profit Management, or related field.
• 4+ years’ experience in progressive and responsible leadership in program management.
Ideal candidate will value the opportunity to make new connections and provide interconnected support as well as be a proven collaborator. Exceptional skills in prioritizing and project management; must be highly organized with superior attention to detail and accuracy, flexible work style, high level of comfort in taking initiative, and willingness to navigate new situations.
• Strong community network connections
• Experience with data utilization and evaluation
• Organizational development and change management experience
• Critical Thinker